SargTMT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SargTMT

For discussion of The Music / Chris Boyd campaign - Sarg TMTaka The whole is greater then the whole.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boydism08 Youtube Comments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Boydism08 Youtube Comments Empty
PostSubject: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 pm

First batch of comments on the video at Chris Boyd's youtube channel.

It looked it you left the camera recorded and someone picked up.Then its like your looking behind the sound waves, as if I've fallen into a realm. So you set up the hand held reality at the start. Then its from a point of view as if were fighting through that fluid and foggy bit. Then it sounds like it were inside the computer and its crashed or something then restarts like its tuning into stations or channels. The eye blinks are as if were waking up from a dream then you we see its on a camera.

What amazes me are the ideas, cos theres something like 50mind fucks. So we can't get peace of mind like the guy sings.

So were viewing a guy who is making the video we are viewing &we go inside the soundwaves &sink into a nightmarish part where we have gone from viewing a handheld camera recording to it being our point of view then we swap back & to from our P.O.V to being a viewer again viewing the person whose P.O.V we just had :S. To waking up as if from a dream or nightmare cos of those blinking eye parts which is our P.O.V again to another twist of realizing it was on the camera.

Then the ultimate hedfuq is that we are the footage that was being edited at the start. Too much existential stuff for me this time.
Its too early for to be thinking too hard, I need my caffine fix.

(Hilschree)

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sargtmt.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Ok I think ive spotted somethings. The part which is reality but is all green nightvisiony has a fast forward symbol on it like the reality camera viewer shot at the end. Then its a shot of video capture device online so the footage is being uploaded into an editing program. This links it to the end where the video is playing on the camera viewer. At the edit video capture device shot you can see the books which are on the desk in the background as its capturing.

Some1 puts the camera down, this is cos that guy talks to laney i think and says hes making music videos. As some other guy says ....... work attains its meaning through the means of its production we zoom into the soundwaves and look metaphorically at whats behind them. But this part is where it goes from obviously a hand held camera to the pov shots which are not reality but like a scary fictional part.

wHYare the hands bandaged? When they come off it kicks off into more music getting clearer out of the white noise radio chatter. Then its like the drawing on the arm turns into sound and electricity and that naked dude is all sparky with energy or static electricity. Then it goes glitchy where we become that naked chap cos its the pov where we are looking at our hands.

So then in the pov shot you have those eye blinks as if we just experienced a mad dream but then we see its on a camera. So i reckon it goes back to beginning cos that camera is uploading the things we have seen to the start where we see the edit video capture device shot.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:42 pm

So this has gone from being called Sarg TMT, 8 and now The whole is greater then the whole.

Bottom left is the book Simulacra and Simulation. So in short this is a simulacrum, an infinitely cyclical self organized system, in which all components are interconnected by a network of cycles and feedback loops inside feedback loops. Boyd's video art expression of postmodern complexity theory?

So the experience of what we see and hear turns out to be the video that your creating at the start. Its grounded in reality with a lo-fi aesthetic then we dive into the sound waves of the music which is like an imaginitive realm which is based in the computer. So the computer is a prosthetic and then it becomes the video narrative prosthetic too.

Ok so boyd has deep philosophical questions about our experience. Here I am sat at a computer at a similiar desk as the in the video, experiencing the video which is questioning our experience of it which turned out to be the video which was created in the video.

The symbolism of the keys, is this for us to unlock a metaphysical door similar to diving behind the surface of the musics sound waves?
Back to top Go down
ncr

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Seems like alot of people have been on the ball with this one. I think this is the sort of thing we need to get our heads around it cos we can the puzzle pieces and see how they relate. Doing things in youtube comments and messages is too confusing for me personally.
Back to top Go down
ncr

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Also whats Kryptos Chaosmos
Back to top Go down
eric-hb

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 pm

ncr wrote:
Also whats Kryptos Chaosmos

Not sure but Boyd has another Myspace called Chaosmos

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=99851827
Back to top Go down
freddy

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:10 pm

ahh thats interesting, will check that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boydism08 Youtube Comments   Boydism08 Youtube Comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boydism08 Youtube Comments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SargTMT :: Studies :: Clues-
Jump to: