SargTMT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SargTMT

For discussion of The Music / Chris Boyd campaign - Sarg TMTaka The whole is greater then the whole.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PikiLili

PikiLili

Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Empty
PostSubject: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:48 am

Serial Experiments Lain. The japanese neon city lights and streets are echoing the theme from the Music's artwork. The use of strong colour is also used

Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Bg07
The Music background Artwork on the Official website.

Last edited by PikiLili on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.argn.com
PikiLili

PikiLili

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:51 am

Blue lighting contrasts and silhouette as seen in Boyd's work.

Person sat desk theme and alienated theme. Isolated people.

I think this is the contrast to the Strength in Numbers theme. If you look at Boyd's showreel there is either 1 individual or many.

Back to top Go down
PikiLili

PikiLili

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:54 am

Link to Article at Trendhunter
Boyd & Strength in Numbers Visual Theme / Idea

Quote :
The Calling is profound and stirring and cuts into our preconceptions of origin and evolution, not only of ourselves, the human creature, but from the inaugural onset of time itself, the planet.

The imagery used on the single channel video by artist Chris Boyd is sensual and emotive. It imbues a sense of our physical entity and existence, where we have come from and ultimately leaves one with a sense of reflection and retrospective. An awareness of the moment, now, as if standing on the precipice of contemplation of where humanity is going. It is both sexual and spiritual, the fundamentals that drive life forward. It is provocative, yet intrinsic, and touches on the core elements of human consciousness and perception of time and space and our roles within the socio-historical edifice.

As I watched the writhing and cascading bodies, genomic re-reproduction of digitalised forms, I saw my heritage, myself and my progeny in that one moment. It captures the viewer, but gets inside and holds them at that moment where time seems to stand still. The split second of awakenings and realisations cognitive, as ‘I think, therefore I am’ (Descartes), E = mc² (Einstein); Eureka (Archimedes); ‘Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds’, Oppenheimer. The sentience is embodied in Boyd’s visualisations.
Back to top Go down
PikiLili

PikiLili

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:59 am

Similar drawings and drawn marks used in boyd's work.

The use of scribbled circular chaotic in an order.

Could represent chaotic energy with no exit.

It gives me the same sort of feeling of the part where the wrapped hands unbandage themselves in Layer 3.
Back to top Go down
PikiLili

PikiLili

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:02 am

Similiar drawing symbol
Back to top Go down
PikiLili

PikiLili

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:05 am

Again the similiar drawing symbol is here with the dvd at the Mad Hatters Tea party.
Back to top Go down
freddy

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 am

Lots of isolated figures in Boyds work who are in the processes of creating other works, eg. the Tigs something new video, the singer tigs seems to be being introspective and contemplating ideas for poetry. In one shot where she's at her desk you see her writting her own lyrics for her own track. This has similarities to sargTmT layer 3 because we see Tigs in the video writting the lyrics we are listening to. This structre distorts spase and time because we see Tigs going through a symbolic process of creating her own lyrics but this is an event that in reality occured before the video was made. In layer 3 we are watching a video of Boyd editing the video that we are watching, again distorting space and time.
Back to top Go down
Caskos

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 am

Lol only boyd could cram that into a few minutes and pull it out as if it was easy.
Back to top Go down
meHoLala

meHoLala

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 am

Im going to make a video with whats been found so far. Will post when done XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks   Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serial Experiments Lain: Visual Themes / The Music Artworks
Page 1 of 1