SargTMT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SargTMT

For discussion of The Music / Chris Boyd campaign - Sarg TMTaka The whole is greater then the whole.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Serial Experiments Lain

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ncr

Serial Experiments Lain Empty
PostSubject: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm

At the start of Layer 3 Vid, it seems like in the environmental sounds theres a girl who answers a phone? (perhaps) I think and then hands the phone to boyd who speaks with Lain.
Back to top Go down
ncr

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Lain Iwakura (岩倉 玲音, Iwakura Rein?): Lain, the main character, is a 14 year old girl who uncovers her true nature through the series. She is first depicted as a shy junior high school student with few friends or interests. She later grows multiple, bolder personalities, both in the physical and Wired worlds. Lain is voiced by Kaori Shimizu in the Japanese version and Bridget Hoffman in the English version.
Back to top Go down
eric-hb

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:59 am

The WhiteCalf myspace has extracts from Japanese videos. Are these extracts from Lain ?
Back to top Go down
freddy

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Not sure but I think there is some kind of link between lain on whitecalfs myspace and the puzzle
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Yeh the Youtube videos on WhiteCalf's page are Serial Experiments Lain. Its the first 3 episodes. Also this is a picture reference thread. So will add some which are related.

I think we should actually contact people. i.e. theres alot of Lain fans on youtube and I'm considering asking them about what they may think of how its related. Rather then watching the entire series etc.
Back to top Go down
https://sargtmt.forumotion.com
freddy

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 pm

That's a good idea, people who are fans of serial experiments lain may well have insight into connections or links due to a greater knowledge of the program.
Back to top Go down
Caskos

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 8:26 am

This might be with something to do with The Music's japanese fans / audience. As cultural reference for them. So far everything seems to be very much related to britain especially the north. It could be an analogy for the band growing up in the north and then spreading out touring etc. So might be something to thats for abit further ahead. Also noreasinwar believes he had skipped some parts but still got the dvd.f It was me that decoded the binary for him. Which went on about March madness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serial Experiments Lain   Serial Experiments Lain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serial Experiments Lain
Page 1 of 1